I have two laptops with Anaconda installed on both and I had some issues to find a working solution to configure the start in folder of Jupyther so I though it’d be a good idea to post the two solutions that worked for me.
Using PowerShell command
Open the windows powershell prompt or the powershell Anaconda prompt and type the following:
jupyter notebook --generate-config
This will generate a file to your user default directory: C:\Users\username\.jupyter\jupyter_notebook_config.py
Then open this file in any Editor and search for the following line: “c.NotebookApp.notebook_dir”
Make sure to remove the hash mark # before and replace the line by by
c.NotebookApp.notebook_dir = 'Disk:\\your\\desired\\working\\directory'Now save an close the file.
Your Jupyter notebook should now start in your desired folder, if not bear with me you can try this second method.
Using windows graphical mode
- Click on Windows start menu and find you Jupyter Notebook application
- Right click on Jupyter and click on open file location
- Then right click on your jupyter notebook shortcut
- Click on Properties
- In the start in box enter your desired path
- Check in the target box that you do not pass any argument otherwise you’ll override the Start in path